This article describes how to install a nightly build of Code::Blocks.
- NOTE: If you have installed Code::Blocks RC1, RC1-1, or RC2; please either uninstall it or make sure you use a different directory. Do not install the nightly build on top of these release candidates.
- Install MinGW and the GDB debugger.
- Download and install 7-Zip. You need it to extract the nightly build.
- Download the latest nightly build from the Nightly Builds forum.
- Download the according wxWidgets Unicode DLL for your nightly build (download link in forum).
- Download the mingw10.dll for Code::Blocks mingwm10.7z (also mentioned at the nightly build).
- This step is optional if the bin directory of MinGW is in your PATH variable or if you copy mingw10.dll from …\"MinGW"\bin directory to your unzip-directory of Code::Blocks an wxWidgets DLL.
- Unzip Code::Blocks and the wxWidgets DLL to the same directory.
- Start Code::Blocks and configure GNU GCC compiler.
Downloads for one Nightly Install from 2006.08.26 (build 2910):
MinGW-5.1.3.exe gdb-6.3-2.exe Note: If you don't install to C:\MinGW you have to change the 5 path entries inside Code::Blocks under settings->compiler and debugger. mingwm10.7z wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z CB_20060826_rev2910_win32.7z
Downloads for one Nightly Install from 2007.08.16 see Nightly Builds forum (build 4399):
MinGW-5.1.3.exe gdb-6.6.tar.bz2 Note: If you don't install to C:\MinGW you have to change the 5 path entries inside Code::Blocks under settings->compiler and debugger. mingwm10.7z wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx284.7z CB_20070816_rev4399_win32.7z