- 1 General
- 2 Compiling (general)
- 3 Compiling (errors)
- 4 Settings
- 5 Issues and Workarounds
Q: What is Code::Blocks?
A: Code::Blocks is an Integrated Development Environment, aka IDE. Thus, a framework for working with source code and using compilers and linkers (in the case of Code::Blocks, these can be several).
Q: What Code::Blocks is not?
A: Code::Blocks is not a compiler, nor a linker. Release packages of Code::Blocks may include a compiler suite (MinGW/GCC), if not provided by the target platform already. However, this is provided "as-is" and not developed/maintained by the Code::Blocks development team.
Q: Is it possible to integrate the win32-help as in dev-cpp, to get help on the items under the caret?
A: Yes, this is implemented, but you'll need the help plugin. So if you are using the installer, make sure you enable this plugin.
Q: What licence is Code::Blocks released under?
A: GNU General Public License 3 (GPL) with an exception for third party plugins that can be of any license (including closed source) as long as they use only the SDK sources of Code::Blocks.
As an example: If you use the Code::Blocks SDK to develop a plugin, this could be even commercial. When you start using/modifying source code of other parts (i.e. the Code::Blocks core or other GPL3 plugins) the modifications or relevant (affected) parts must be provided as source code, too. However, usually (probably 99.9% of the cases) you'll only need to use the SDK.
- What compiler can I use with Code::Blocks?
- My project should be compiled with a custom makefile. Is it possible with Code::Blocks?
- I have downloaded MS VC++ Toolkit 2003 for a compiler. How do I tell Code::Blocks that it is my compiler?
- Microsoft calls MSVCRT.DLL a "Known DLL." How do I know if I can/should use it?
- How can I use a DLL without DEF or LIB files?
- Where are the libraries for the OpenGL, Ogre3D, SDL, QT, wxWidgets etc. projects?
- Is it possible to use Visual C++ 6.0 with Code::Blocks?
- I would like to compile a project using some non-standard libraries. How can I indicate to CodeBlocks that these libraries and include files exist?
- How do I use both Debug and Release builds of wx libraries?
- How do I add version information to windows executables and dll's?
- Code::Blocks does not force relink if the library is changed?
- How do I report a compilation problem on the forums?
- All of the Build related options are grayed out?
- I imported a MSVCToolkit project/workspace, but Code::Blocks insists on trying to use GCC. What's wrong?
- When compiling a wxWidgets project, I get several "variable 'vtable for xxxx' can't be auto-imported". What's wrong?
- I can't compile a multithreaded app with VC Toolkit! Where are the libraries?
- I get this error when compiling: Symbol "isascii" was not found in "codeblocks.dll"
- How do I troubleshoot an compiler problem?
- My build fails with multiple undefined reference errors?
- My build fails in the compile/link/run step with a Permission denied error?
- How do I get Code Completion to work?
- How do I make Code::Blocks portable?
- Code::Blocks option xyz is missing?
- Sometime, in the text editor, space bar triggers Code Completion, how do I fix that?
- IDE is drawing the text from Right to Left?
- All the options in the debug menu are grayed out?
- My project works everywhere except one computer?
- Syntax highlighting is broken; how do I fix it?
- I posted on the forums that Code::Blocks was not working, but no one could help me?
- I cannot find any text in my Code::Blocks logs?