File formats description
Code::Blocks projects/workspaces are described in XML files. Here are contained links to documentation for each one of them.
This information is of interest to anyone wanting to write an importer/exporter/generator for other build systems/environments and therefore add support for Code::Blocks.
- Workspace file (*.workspace)
- Defines a Code::Blocks workspace (collection of projects).
- Project file (*.cbp)
- Defines a Code::Blocks project.
Additional files used in the proposed XML compiler branch:
- Compiler file (compiler_*.xml)
- Defines a Code::Blocks compiler interface and auto-detection routines.
- Compiler options file (options_*.xml)
- Defines the options and regular expressions for a Code::Blocks compiler.
Code::Blocks also produces a couple other files (*.layout and *.depend) but they only contain state information so they are not really useful to anyone else other than Code::Blocks itself.
Mandrav 11:42, 1 March 2007 (UTC)