How to add another announcement
Revision as of 00:16, 19 December 2005 by Pecan
- First, you need to setup another link to point to a new (empty) announcement page for the patch/plugin/lexer/template. To do so, click on "edit" beside the section to which you would like to add an announcment (e.g. the "edit" next to "Plugin announcements"). The easiest way is to copy & paste a section that is already present. You might want to copy the link to the template for your announcement.
- After that, change the link's title to something meaningful, e.g. the name of your plugin. Make sure you choose this well because this will be the name used for the new WiKi section you're creating.
- Once this is done save the changes. You'll now see a new link to a WiKi section (that has no content, yet). If you click on the new link a new (blank) page will open that will contain the title of the new WiKi anouncement.
- To add the announcement text itself, open the related template WiKi article (e.g. "Template for plugin announcement").
- Click on the "edit" tab at the top of the page to copy the template (we are not going to change it, just copy it).
- Copy the whole content and go back to the main annoucement WiKi section.
- Click on the link you previously created. The window for the new page will open in edit mode since there is no content yet.
- Paste the content of the template and change it to fit your announcement.
- Finally click on the "Save page" button to create the new announcement in the WiKi.
...back to Announcement for plugins/patches.