The first step is to download the Code::Blocks setup file from here.
After you download the setup file you selected, launch it to start the setup process. The setup program is a standard installer for Windows. Just press "Next" after reading each screen. You will be given the chance to read the program license, enter the installation directory and select which plugins you want installed. A help text on installing a compiler will also appear. Read it!
Ubuntu Install Guide
This is a quick guide to get Code::Blocks up and running on your ubuntu based Linux distribution. It is also going to make sure you can develope wxWidgets applications on your box as well. Look at the bottom of this guide for a complete command line that will install all the packages in one operation.
1. Get the latest daily build of Code::Blocks from the forum.
2. Install Code::Blocks.
sudo dpkg -i
3. Install the compiler.
sudo apt-get install build-essential
4. Install the debugger.
sudo apt-get install gdb
5. Install wxWidgets library. (This package is all that is needed to run any application that uses wxWidgets. ie. Code::Blocks)
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.6-0
6. Install the wxWidgets developement packages. (This is used to develop wxWidgets applications of your own.)
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.6-dev wx2.6-headers
7. (OPTIONAL) Install the wxWidgets documentation.
sudo apt-get install wx2.6-doc
8. (OPTIONAL) Install the wxWidgets common package.
sudo apt-get install wx-common
NOTE: Here is a complete command line for steps 3 - 8. Watch for word wrap.
sudo apt-get install build-essential gdb libwxgtk2.6-0 libwxgtk2.6-dev wx2.6-headers wx2.6-doc wx-common
Without optional steps:
sudo apt-get install build-essential gdb libwxgtk2.6-0 libwxgtk2.6-dev wx2.6-headers