Installing Code::Blocks nightly build on Windows
This article describes how to install a nightly build of Code::Blocks.
- NOTE: If you have installed Code::Blocks RC1, RC1-1, or RC2; please either uninstall it or make sure you use a different directory. Do not install the nightly build ontop of these release candidates.
- Install MinGW and the GDB debugger.
- Download and install 7-Zip. You need it to extract the nightly build.
- Download the latest nightly build from the Nightly Builds forum.
- Download the wxWidgets Unicode DLL for Code::Blocks .
- Download the mingw10.dll for Code::Blocks .
- Unzip Code::Blocks and the wxWidgets DLL to the same directory.
- Start Code::Blocks and configure GNU GCC compiler.
Downloads for one Nightly Install from 2006.08.26:
MinGW-5.0.2.exe Note: If you don't install to C:\mingw you have to change the 5 path entries inside Code::Blocks under settings->compiler and debugger. mingwm10.7z wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z CB_20060826_rev2910_win32.7z