Installing the latest official version of Code::Blocks on Windows
- NOTE: The current official version is outdated; we recommend using the nightly builds.
- Warning: Due to bug discovered in RC2, do not install the SVN plugin if you don't have the SVN versioning system installed or Code::Blocks may crash. If you already installed the plugin by accident, please delete svn.dll from the "share\codeblocks\plugins" subdirectory.
- Download the Code::Blocks 8.02 installer. If you know you don't have MinGW installed, download the package which has MinGW bundled.
- Run the installer, it's a standard installer for Windows; just press Next after reading each screen.
- If you're planning installing a compiler after you've installed Code::Blocks, read the information provided in the installer.
- If you downloaded the installer which doesn't come with MinGW, you may have to configure the compiler manually (usually Code::Blocks' autodetects the compiler).