Fortran support in Code::Blocks
Presently Code::Blocks IDE has support not only for C/C++ but for Fortran also. Features of Code::Blocks useful for Fortran:
- Editor with syntax highlighting for fixed and free Fortran source code
- Support for GFortran and PGI Fortran compilers. Other Fortran compilers can be added by users too. “Support for compiler” means: (a) the graphical interface for the options of the compiler and (b) catching of compilation errors and warnings and jumping to the corresponding code line
- During the compilation Code::Blocks cares about the dependencies between Fortran files in the project (it is important when Fortran modules are used)
- Symbol browser with program units and variables defined in Fortran files
- and some more.
Most of the functionality useful for Fortran is implemented through FortranProject plugin. More information about the use of Code::Blocks with Fortran can be found on cbfortran page.
- Fortran Project plugin - Fortran code completion and symbol browser.