Format for defining compiler interfaces using only XML (in conjunction with Compiler options files).
<CodeBlocks_compiler name="Digital Mars Compiler" id="dmc" weight="24" platform="windows"> [...] </CodeBlocks_compiler>
I am a Code::Blocks compiler file.
- <txt> is the descriptive name that will be shown to the user for this compiler.
- Lowercase sequence of letters, numbers, underscores, and/or hyphens (it must, however, start with a letter) which is used internally to represent this compiler.
- Determines the order in the compiler drop-down menu that this compiler will be listed; lower numbers are listed sooner (keep <num> between 0 and 100).
platform="<os>" (optional). Only load this compiler if the current operating system is <os>. <os> is one of:
All of the following routines are used during auto-detection.
Conditional <if>[...]</if><else>[...]</else> statements are available in the same form as in Compiler options files.
<Path type="master"> [...] </Path>
type="<tp>" Determines what variable the results of the contained detection routine(s) will be stored in. <tp> is one of:
<Search envVar="PATH" for="C"/>
Searches all paths in the given environment variable.
- If for is not specified, any path that exists will be added to the current <Path type="...">.
- If for is given, the corresponding executable name will be replaced (if applicable; see <if exec="..."></if> blocks). If the specified file exists on any of the paths in the environment variable, those path(s) will be added.
If you do not have a <Search envVar= then the compiler auto detection code will not set the masterpath and cause compiler issues.
(If the current path type is master, any trailing bin directories will be stripped.)
<Search path="C:\MinGW" for="C"/>
Same functionality as <Search envVar="..."> except that this tests a hard-coded path.
Wildcards are allowed in <Search path="...">.
<Search registry="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SDCC" value="InstallLocation"/>
Read a Windows registry key. If value is found in the registry key, and it is a valid folder, it will be added to the current <Path type="...">.
If the current <Path type="..."> is empty, add this path to it.
Add a path to the current <Path type="...">.
- <master/> is replaced by the contents of the master path.
- <separator/> is replaced by the system's native file path separator.
Enable a compiler flag.
Enable a linker flag.
Add a library.
- Compiler options file
- [/index.php/topic,16463.0.html XML based compilers]