Code::Blocks' features can be extend by using plugins. Plugins listed here are divided into two categories: core and contrib.
The core plugins are installed by default and offer the basic functions of Code::Blocks. The core plugins are maintained / developed by the official development team.
- Saves project files between intervals.
- Provides wizard for creating new classes.
- Provides code completion functionality and class browser.
- Provides support for various compilers in one interface.
- Provides support for various debuggers in one interface.
- Adds extra file extension handlers.
- Provides scripted wizard functionality.
- Formats source code files with specific style.
- Adds to-do items to source code.
- Creates manifest file which enables the version 6.0 of the Common Controls on Windows XP.
The user-contributed plugins are not installed by default and offer extended functionality for Code::Blocks. The contrib plugins are maintained / developed by third-party developers.
- Helps you keep track of your project version and status.
- Games in a integrated development environment? You bet.
- Provides graphical interface to GNU GProf profiler.
- Manages small pieces of code (i.e. snippets).
- Shows various statistics from source code files.
- Copies literal strings from the current editor to clipboard.
- Installs and updates DevC++ DevPaks.
- Enables dragging and scrolling with mouse.
- Sets environment variables within the focus of Code::Blocks.
- Integrates third-party help files to the interface.
- Manages menu shortcuts.
- Recording and Playback of Key Macros.
- Exports source code files to other formats such as HTML and PDF.
- A simple graphical interface to the GNU symbol table displayer (nm).
- Multi-threaded 'Search in files' with preview window.
- RAD tool for creating wxWidgets dialogs.